Monday, September 12, 2011

*Raising Hand

I'm completely guilty of this one...

I have to hurry and get back to homework, but a thought has been weighing on my mind this evenin'.  So many times I allow myself to have an anxious heart: anxious about things that could happen tomorrow, anxious about things that just happened...anxious about things that could happen way down the road.  Being the gung-ho type of person I am, you wouldn't think being anxious would be a bad thing, but it has put my mind in places it shouldn't be. 

But there's a beauty I've finally begun to grasp in the peace and assurance of salvation.  Abby (Benson, if you don't know her) told me one of my not-so-hot days, "Jennie, guess what?  We still get to go to Heaven."  And y'all, it really is that easy.  No matter what kind of day I'm having, I remember Abby saying that and I think, "Yeah, God has this plan for me and life's not going to be easy but I know the end is very, very good."

So surprise, surprise, the laid-back girl who doesn't worry about anything gets worked up...more than you probably realize.  The Bible and Luke Bryan (yes, I just did that) tell us to "pray about everything:"

          "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
     --Philippians 4:6-7

So while I wish I knew all the answers for my life, I just don't.  If life was predictable, I'm pretty sure I'd get bored really easily.  Some of life is gonna hurt but like I said, the end is beautiful and I hope I get to see you there.

Love y'all so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog