Monday, October 19, 2009

And God said, "Everyone shall be miserably tired today."

So far, so good. I haven't decided to give up on the blog, so everyone should have something to be excited about today. It's fairly early in the evening, so I thought I would use the blog to jump-start me into my next phase. Right now, I'm in the "Already Finished One Assignment, Still Need a Little Motivation to Work Until Midnight" phase. Yes, that's right, I've already finished some homework. This is good. Mind you, this morning I woke up and felt like it was a good day just to sleep. Oh, but the gym beckoned so I forced my lazy rear out of my comfy, fluffy, warm, extra-long twin bed.

The greatest thing was waiting for me when I stepped into my Sport Management class this morning. The NCAA DI National Championship trophy was sitting prettily atop a nice little black box, draped with a Dr. Pepper cloth. Apparently, our professor is an old colleague with the two men that take the trophy (along with its $8-$15 million Dr. Pepper sponsorship) around to different college games every week. I couldn't believe the trophy was just sitting there, right in front of me. But, of course, I was so glad that the trophy was in Texas, where it belongs and where I'm sure it will return in January. Anyhoo, that was fun and the lecture the men (Ray and Charlie) gave was interesting enough.

I realized something today. As I walked into the women's bathroom in Dallas Hall, I met an older woman leaving the bathroom. For some reason, I wasn't so tired anymore. It seems as if every time I meet one of the faculty or any older men/women on campus I can somehow relate to them. Why is that, and why can I not relate as closely to the students on campus? Hmm, very odd.

All of my classes went really well today and I don't have any meetings on Mondays so I get to devote a large portion of time to studying. Hopefully, I will be done early enough this evening to hit the gym again. If you could see this place, you would want to spend all of your time there, too. I found out that we won't have a Chemistry quiz next week due to the exam we will have on Friday. I think it's a fair trade. Willard let some very bad words slip today while we were discussing Shakespeare's 129th sonnet, but I let it slide. He wears a bow tie for Pete's sake.

Right now I am in the room alone because Abby is walking around campus talking on the phone, Jen is at a vocal chior presentation, and Stephanie is...well, we never really know where Stephanie is. She just comes and goes and that's fine. Let's just say Stephanie doesn't have to study as much as we do, so she thinks it's okay to come and talk to us about the pressing issues surrounding her personal life...even when we are up to our eyeballs in schoolwork. It can be a bit frustrating. I think she kept Jen up until 3 am the other morning. Poor little Vietnamese Jen doesn't have that much stamina and I think she suffered the next day.

I'm counting down hours until I get to go home and see my wonderful familia in New Mexico, and I think getting through this Monday is going to be a big step. And just as an aside, I'm ready for Christmas. I haven't been able to figure out what has made me so eager for Christmas to come, but it has definitely been a presence in my daily thoughts.

I really would love to ramble and throw all my feelings into the mix, but in the course of the twenty minutes that it took me to write this and check all my e-mail accounts, I have become innately inspired. My mind works in mysterious ways. Oh! I can't believe I forgot. Y'all need to look into getting Skype accounts if you don't already have them. It's a great way to stay in touch and if you have a webcam, we will be able to video chat. Should be fun!

All my love to each of you!
Jennie Lee

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Jen. I have been trying to comment on your blog and ran into several problems. Hope they're "fixed" now. I enjoyed your blog very much. Hope you have a wonderful day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog