Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Got Your Earplugs?

Mom wants me to sing with them in church next Sunday. This could get ugly.

We all know I'm practically tone-deaf so if you'd rather save your ears, by all means, come to church, but bring earplugs just to be safe. 

There's really nothing interesting happening in my life. Gheegee's making progress, we cleaned out the cedar closet yesterday, and I'm still as excited as ever about leaving for OCS.  I really need that discipline in my life...

Can I just say how much fun cleaning out the cedar closet was?  I think Mags and I were seven again.  Eventually, Mags was wearing Mom's wedding dress and I was wearing my Martha hat.  Mom found some American flag antennae...yes antennae, and swore she was going to wear them to OCS graduation.  If she does, I won't speak or look at her until we get back home.  That's a promise.

But today's Mom's birthday so if she wants to be goofy today, I won't disown her.  She's pretty awesome, so she deserves a day (or every day) to do whatever the heck she wants. 

Okay, no more rambling.  Today's also Norway's birthday, so this is a shout-out to Silje, Kristine, and Monika.  I'm sorry you can't be home on this awesome day, but celebrate from America and know I'm thinking of you!

I feel like leaving y'all with a quote today since I haven't said anything prolific:

"The world is not the most pleasant place. Eventually your parents leave you and no one is going to go out of their way to protect you unconditionally. You need to learn to stand up for yourself and what you believe and sometimes, pardon my language, kick some ass."  --Queen Elizabeth II

Listen to Queen Elizabeth...go kick some ass today.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog