Friday, May 6, 2011

Sleepy Time...She Comes

Holy cow, I never thought I'd make it. The end of the semester is so so close and I can't believe I've actually made it through without a complete breakdown. And with A's, might I add (okay, okay I'm counting A-minuses too). Sometimes I wish I didn't care about my grades, but when my GPA comes together, it's really satisfying. Just had to say that.

Now I can stop being conceited. I'm coming away from this semester with a happier, more productive outlook on life and school in general. I've made the greatest friends (and gained a Little!) through cross country and I learned that living with someone definitely doesn't mean you are going to hate each other when it's all said and done. I have a new love for medieval literature and I'm more aware and concerned with the current state of our public school system in America. I know to be a manager you have to have common sense...oh and make sure you know pointless terms for that common sense. Children's literature is apparently much more politicized than I ever imagined and archaeology, well, it's cooler when Gheegee's involved. Steph (my Little) told me the other day, "I feel like I'm in college to get a job and you're in college to learn." So yes, I'm a nerd and I like to take bizarre classes just for general knowledge, but it's fun.


So now we have this summer...and next semester lurking around the corner. So here's a list of next semester's classes:


1) Anatomy

2) Intermediate Fiction Writing

3) Ways of Being Religious

4) Revenue in Sports

5) Picturing the American West


I won't have class on Fridays (YIPEE!) so that's going to be absolutely amazing. I'm THRILLED about the Picturing the American West class (it's an Honors Perspective) because it covers everything from Lewis and Clarke to Clint Eastwood. I'll be working in the Locomotor Lab again and possibly teaching a Bible study, so things are really looking up for me. I'll take Health Psychology and a "Mountain Sports" class in August in Taos, so that should also be a ton of fun as well!






But I couldn't possibly be more excited about OCS this summer. I can't wait to push myself further than I've ever been and prove to everyone exactly how much I can do. I'm going in weak and I want to come out stronger than I've ever been. It will be a test of my personality, my physical ability, and my mental grit. Y'all will be able to call me Lieutenant Pearson in no time.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog