Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Until Next Time

Well...last full night before I leave for OCS so I might as well take advantage of the computer while I still can.  My bag's packed (for the most part) and all that's left to do is clean up the room.  Mom wants it "ship shape" so you can bet I will have that done by tomorrow afternoon.  

I'm so ready to leave all of the "me" behind and start thinking like a real team player.  There are a lot of selfish things I think I tend to hold on to, so it's time to just let it go and give everything I have for something else.  That means no Rangers, no nice comfy runs at the ranch, no cooking whenever and whatever I want, no playing the guitar when I get bored...no sitting around.  Friday.

I watched the sun come up while we gathered the east horse trap this morning.  Every time I watch a sunrise it helps me realize how incredibly blessed I am and how grateful I am to be headed in the direction I am.  There's a lot of growth and learning I must do, but I can't wait to see what God has in store around the next corner.  And sure, I may not always do things the right way, but I'm trying my hardest and I will learn from my mistakes.

As far as things being "around the corner," some of you asked what my bucket list has in store for me.  I won't bore you with the entire list, but I'll pick out some of my favorites that might be entertaining and/or surprising. 
  1. Run a 100-mile terrain race
  2. Spend at least 3 months camping (for real...no running water/RV/any kind of civilization)
  3. Visit Scandinavian countries and Australia (for starters)
  4. Stunt double once? Perhaps?
  5. Learn how to sew
  6. Write children's books
  7. GO NOODLING
  8. Get really, really old <-----Not sure how I'll know when that one's "achieved"
  9. Crash a wedding
  10. Win multiple shooting competitions
So yeah, that's my bucket list in an extremely condensed form.  The list continues to grow but like I said, when an item on the list is achieved, you'll hear from me.  Career goals aren't listed here, but they're on the list, rest assured.  I do have practical goals, not just whimsical fantasies. 

I wish I had something more exciting to say, but tonight is just going to have to be simple and straightforward.  I will appreciate your prayers and thoughts these next six weeks and don't even think of giving up on me because I guarantee I won't give up on whatever I might be doing.  Friday I have an opportunity to take the first step in achieving one of the most important objectives on my bucket list: to serve as an officer in the United States Marine Corps. 

Semper Fi, y'all.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog