Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Long Haul...With the Scandanavians

So today, just like every Sunday, was our long run around White Rock Lake. 75 minutes...so that was enjoyable. I kinda felt like this:






Legs were stiff, ankle pretty sore, but I'm pretty sure everyone was in the same boat today. But I'm good now that I finished. : )




So that was my last practice with the team. So weird. I love those girls so much and I can't imagine how I would have survived this semester without them. It's so fun to learn about the Swedish and Norwegian cultures and to hear about how much they love America and how much fun they've had while here. They're so brave for coming all the way over here just to run and go to school, so I admire them more than I can ever say.




Of course, I love my American teammates too! They've been running XC much longer than I have and Steph especially keeps me motivated and ensures me I can get where I want to be. Again, my teammmates help me survive. They're such a blessing!




I'll have to say goodbye to Klara and Lovisa for the last time tomorrow, and I'm not at all looking forward to it. I don't want them to go back to Sweden. At all. :' (





So I'll leave on that note. Those are the flags of the three countries we represent (Sweden-Norway-U.S.A). We're just a bunch of (for the most part) light-haired, light-eyed, distance runners who couldn't love each other more. I cannot wait for next year, but I just know it won't be the same with two of the sweetest girls I've ever met. So tack, Klara and Lovisa, for an amazing year. I will miss you terribly! And always think of my when you eat your banan (!!!) after practice.




Off to study for one. more. final. One more. Then freedom and and the Marines call my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog